Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mets Day 198 - Happy 29th Anniversary

This weekend Jennifer and I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary.  She drove down to Norfolk to join me for the weekend, since the trial is dragging into a third week.  We are looking forward to spending some item together, even though it will be a working weekend for me.

I have had no real progress on the incontinence or sleep deprivation front.  My clinician has referred me to a psychiatrist specializing in sleep disorders to help me find a balance of medications that will help me get some longer sleep.  That, and following up with the urologists regarding the incontinence, is job one after this trial ends.  I feel like I am going to need to take some time off to recharge and focus on my health.

This trial has reinforced my perception that I am several steps too slow.  I do not feel as alert or tuned in as I would like, and have to struggle to stay focused.  Afternoons and evenings are especially difficult.  I am glad that we have such a great team down here, and that I am essentially a cheerleader. 

Occasionally I have moments of melancholy that this may be my last trial, but then I realize that I've spent 25 years practicing law.  My legal practice has been a means to an end, and the end has been to support my family.  I do not want the means to be my end.  I am reconciled to the idea of accepting disability.  The primary uncertainty is what the insurance company will say, and what will be the terms.  I have a feeling that they will not want to easily part with their cash.  But I'll worry about that later.  Now it's time to enjoy some time with my patient wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.