Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mets Day 895 - Visiting my granddaughter

I spent the past week in Utah, staying with my oldest daughter and son-in-law.  The occasion was the first birthday of my (only) grandchild. I had a wonderful time, spending hours each day reading books with Rose, watching her toddle around, and just enjoying the moment. Chelsea had the week off from the hospital -- her first break since starting her residency -- so I was able to spend time with her (and Josh) also. We went to the zoo, the dinosaur park, and a hike around Causey Reservoir. We did a few projects around their house, and hung up a swing for Rose on the branch of an apple tree in their back yard. It also was good to visit with extended family who attended the birthday party. There is much joy and rejoicing that can be found in the simple pleasures of spending time with those you love.

I have spent very little time thinking about the consequences of the latest scan. About the only thing that is different is that I was spurred to finish compiling a chart of our various accounts and obligations, consisting of all of the URLs, account numbers, user names, passwords, payment information, and comments. It takes a surprisingly long time to pull all of that information together into a single document. Other than that, my mind is untroubled, and I simply live in the moment.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to be there for Rose's first birthday. Such a milestone. Precious moments, indeed. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.