Friday, April 3, 2015

Mets Day 1086: Second supplemental scan results

This morning Hopkins posted a third interpretation of my scan results. This one focused on my supraclavicular nodes -- the original location of my metastatic cancer that was first detected in August 2013. Perhaps this report was triggered by my question to Dr. Le on Monday about the size of that node, which she was unable to answer because she could not pull up that scan. My January 2015 scan at NIH showed that the nodes in the area had begun to merge together. The 2/10/15 baseline scan at Hopkins described this node cluster as a single node: "There is a lymph node lateral to the jugular vein at the level of the clavicular head seen on series 6 slice 74 which measures approximately 2.5 cm in transverse dimension."

Yesterday's report focused on that node cluster. The radiologist went back to the 2/10/15 scan and tried to measure the two nodes separately, and concluded that short axis measurement of one was 12 mm, and other other was 11 mm. The radiologist then compared those nodes to my 3/24 scan, and concluded that the 12 mm node had shrunk to 6 mm, and the 11 mm node had shrunk to 8 mm. Good news on Good Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken,
    Great progress!
    We have been following parallel journeys. My BC was diagnosed in Sept 2012. Multifocal involving 3/4 of the bladder. Four TURBTs and now it is in the right renal-pelvis.
    Do you have any metastatic nodes in the right neck? I had 2 lymph nodes go necrotic during a round of chemo in Oct and anaerobic bacteria found them. The nodes became abcessed 3 times until my ENT found the right antibiotic.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.