Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mets Day 638 - Good CT scan results

On Tuesday I had another CT scan at NIH.  Tonight I received an email from Dr. Apolo indicating that my metastatic cancer was stable.  No further growth or spreading since my last scan was detected.  The enlarged node in my neck was .8 cm -- about the same size as last time.  She did not mention any other areas of concern.  Good news!

Tomorrow afternoon I will meet with Dr. Aragon-Ching, my oncologist at GW, to discuss whether further treatment is appropriate at this time.  She has a copy of the scan results, and has spoken with Dr. Apolo.  I'll add another post tomorrow summarizing where things stand. 

At this point, I don't know what to expect regarding future treatment in the short term.  Maybe nothing.  Maybe more chemo (although I hope not).  I doubt I'll be eligible for any clinical trials.  At this point, I'm just relieved that my cancer hasn't spread any further.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! Wonderful news! Here's hoping for many more similar scans. Love you brother -Art

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.