Monday, April 1, 2013

Mets Day 354 - Surviving spring break

We spent last week with the folks in Florida.  It was nice to visit them, as well as my sister and brother-in-law.  We relaxed, caught up, played games, went to the beach, read, napped, ate good food, discovered the Jupiter Donut Factory (a most dangerous place), drove the kids and their friends to Universal Studios in Orlando, dropped them off, and spent the day at the Peabody Orlando Spa, and in general had a nice time.   There were even a couple of nights when I got more than 5 hours of sleep.  I'll take it when I can get it. 

On Wednesday I'll have another cystoscopy and discussing with my local urologist.  He'll look for evidence of additional scarring in the urethra and try to further determine why I'm still leaking.  I'll probably get a prescription for Cymbalta and see if that makes any difference. 

Spring is coming and the honey-do list is getting dusted off.  The main concern is getting the basement ready for Chelsea and Josh -- their Arlington condo went under contract in less than a week for better than the asking price.  They'll probably be moving in around mid-May.  There are lots of other things to do on the chore list, since for some reason home maintenance was not at the top of our worry list for the past year or so.  I'm trying to figure out why that was. 

I'm still waiting for one insurance company to make its decision of the disability benefits.  We've been getting by with the payments from the other insurance policies, but it will be nice to have the other check when it comes in.  Of course, the insurance company is dragging its feet, since they are loathe to pay out money.  But it's just a matter of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.