Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mets Day 503: Biopsy will be on Sept. 5

Dr. Apolo's nurse just called to advise me that my biopsy at NIH will be on Thursday, September 5, at 8 am.  I need to be there at 7 for lab work and prep.  I'll be under conscious sedation.  It will be a guided core needle biopsy.  The nurse was not sure what type of imaging would be used to guide the needle.  I should be on the way home by noon.  Assuming they can get to the node, I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait for the results, but if it's anything like the PET scan, it will be the following week. 

3 comments:

  1. Ken, I prayed for you this morning at our Eucharist at St. Augustine Friary in Chicago. We will continue to keep you in prayer. Fr. Joseph and I are the only brothers here remaining of the ones you met. Everyone else has been assigned to other friaries. I will inform the others to pray for you as well.
    - Br. Carlos Medina, OSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will pray for you (and the doctor) as well.

    Renee T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my thoughts...hope for good news!

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.