Friday, September 27, 2013

ddMVAC Chemo Day 3: Wiped out

This first round of dose dense MVAC chemo feels harder on my cells than any of my GemCis chemo rounds.  It feels like every cell in my body is swaying, like being seasick on a cellular level.  I am lethargic.  I'm not very hungry or thirsty, and have to force myself to stay hydrated.  I have an ongoing nasty taste in my mouth, a cross between cardboard and metallic. 

Fortunately, I have not been so nauseated that I've actually vomited (yet).  Last night I woke up at  midnight with acid reflux, and what seemed like the beginning of an sickness episode.  I stumbled over to the bathroom clutching my pink plastic barf bucket and moaned on the porcelain throne for a while until the acute phase passed.  The rest of the night was restless. 

I also have managed to avoid the painful constipation that plagued me during the first round of GemCis.  I've been taking Miralax each night, and spacing out my anti-emetics so they don't plug me up.  On the other hand, I have not been eating that much, so there's less passing through my GI tract. 

Yesterday Chelsea gave me the Neulasta growth hormone booster shot that my insurance company had overnighted to me.  That can cause a dull ache in the bones and the bone marrow gets kicked beck into gear.  My tinnitus is loud and clear, and at times I feel like I am on the ragged edge of holding it together.  It's hard to concentrate or read or even watch TV.  About the best I can do is lay back on the recliner and stay very, very still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.