Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mets Day 981: No Xeralto, no bleeding

Following my oncologist's advice, I stopped taking Xeralto on Tuesday. By Wednesday evening my urine was free of gross hematuria, and I've seen none since then. The question thus is whether it's more important that I stay on a blood thinner to prevent the recurrence of pulmonary embolisms, or stay off the thinner and prevent gross hematuria. I'm awaiting further input from my doctors.

Meanwhile, I still think it's a good idea for a urologist to do a cystoscopy into my neobladder and see whether there are any lesions, and generally assessing how it's doing. Johns Hopkins called me to say that they had managed to move up the cystoscopy with Dr. Bivalacqua by two weeks, to January 27. It's still a long time to wait. I also exchanged emails and phone calls with the patient care coordinator for Dr. Piyush Agarwal, the head bladder cancer urologist at NIH, and she is trying to schedule an appointment for me with Dr. Agarwal.

Meanwhile, I'm fighting a chest cold that I recently picked up, so I am less active than usual. Moss is growing on my north side. I have been drinking lots of fluids, although I made the mistake of taking a slug of blue Powerade Zero and immediately being transported back to my days of chemotherapy. That taste associate shall not be broken, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.