Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Acceptance

My friends have asked how I am coping with my cancer.  I have told them that, based upon some experiences with my son and his battles with drugs and alcohol (he's currently clean and sober), I learned to accept the things I cannot control, and cancer is something I cannot control.  I can control my reaction to it, and the choice of doctors, and what treatments I choose to do.  But it is what it is. No anguish or grief here - just acceptance of what I can't control and courage to face what is. Better to find joy than sorrow with whatever time we have.

2 comments:

  1. I am coping with my cancer. I have told them that, based upon some experiences with my son and his battles with drugs and alcohol (he's currently clean and sober), letrozole buy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone newly diagnosed (less than five days), I'm trying to get to acceptance. But I often still feel very sad. Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.