Monday, April 23, 2012

Mets Day 12 - Patience, patient

This morning Charlene Rogers (Dr. Schoenberg's assistant) emailed me:

"I know you are anxious to get the surgery behind you. Presently there is not an earlier date than the one Michelle gave you. Dr. Schoenberg is not able to obtain any extra operating room time.  If anything changes we will let you know."

So unless something changes, my surgery will be on May 14.  I can't control it, so I accept it.  I also am surprisingly ambivalent about it.  I know the surgery is necessary, and the sooner, the better, but I also know that it will be the start of several months of pain and frustration.  I'm not eager to quickly descend into that fiery pit.  I also feel like I have a lot to do before then - with the family, the honey-do list, things at work, etc.  I remind myself of Gibran's writings on time:
 
Of time you would make a stream upon whose bank you would sit and watch its flowing.
Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness,
And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.
And that that which sings and contemplates in you is still dwelling within the bounds of that first moment which scattered the stars into space.
Who among you does not feel that his power to love is boundless?
And yet who does not feel that very love, though boundless, encompassed within the centre of his being, and moving not from love thought to love thought, nor from love deeds to other love deeds?
And is not time even as love is, undivided and spaceless?
But if in your thought you must measure time into seasons, let each season encircle all the other seasons,
And let today embrace the past with remembrance and the future with longing.  


1 comment:

  1. Just remember God is in control. I saw a sign the other day and it said "If God is your co-pilot, change seats." You are in our prayers. Love ya!!!
    Love
    Jamie and family

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.