Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mets Day 134 - More surprises

Thursday night was rough -- I slept for about 2 hours.  I'm pretty sure my stricture is re-forming, since it is more and more difficult to void my neobladder, keeping me awake at night.  Friday morning I got up early, sat in the hot tub, read the paper, and visited with my Mom.  Kirsten came downstairs with a bemused smile on her face, like she knew something I didn't (which usually is the case).  Immediately thereafter, my brother, who lives in Park City Utah, called to wish me happy birthday.  He asked what I was doing, and as I walked around the corner from the kitchen, there he was.  Surprise!  Everyone but me was in on it.  We got a good laugh about it.  He had arrived at about 1 am that morning, and Jennifer made the midnight run to pick him up. 

We spent the day catching up and getting ready for last night's open house and pool party.  More than 100 people showed up, and  Josh and Spencer manned the grills.  I enjoyed visiting with everyone, and we had an enjoyable time.  I slept better last night -- about 4.5 hours -- then this morning all 9 of us gathered at the Original Pancake House for a late breakfast. 

This evening we'll have a combined birthday celebration for me and Chelsea, whose birthday is just a few days after mine.  She's doing her surgery rotations, and will have a 30-hour shift on her actual birthday, so we'll celebrate when we can.  It's nice to have so much of the family together.  My mom and brother both will return home on Tuesday, so we'll have a couple of more days to visit. 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have so much family and so many friends celebrate your day! It's great to read about these fun events. You are in our prayers.
    Love,
    Jamie and family

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.