Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chemo Day 57 - low counts

This morning my doctor called me to say that she got the results of yesterday's lab work.  She didn't have the results when we met yesterday, since the lab was backed up.  She said that my platelet counts were still very low (under 40K), and my red blood cell counts likewise were low.  She commented that I must have been feeling extra tired in the past few weeks.  Uh, yes.  She advised that I not take the baby aspirin while my platelet counts were low - probably for the duration of the chemo.  She added that the chemo was a far more powerful anti-cancer weapon anyway, but that after that was done, the aspirin was a good idea.  She added that taking an extra week off was a good idea both for vacation purposes, and to give my body more time to recover.  Fine with me; I like not having chemo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.