Monday, July 2, 2012

Mets Day 81 - a failure to communicate

About two weeks ago I had visit with Dr. Fraizer.  He ordered a full CT scan and a bone scan.  It was scheduled for today.  The insurance company refused to approve it without seeing Dr. Fraizer's notes or justification.  But Dr. Fraizer went on vacation last week, and his nurse ignored all attempts by the insurance company, Dr. Fraizer's administrative aide, or me, to contact the insurance company.   Last Friday, the company that was to do the scans postponed it by a week, to July 9. 

Today, Dr. Fraizer's office called to tell me that the scans had been approved.  Apparently, Dr. Fraizer had dictated his notes of my visit, but had not reviewed or electronically signed until today.  Once those notes were forwarded to the insurance company, it immediately approved the scans.  While I wish the insurance company didn't require those pre-approvals, I put the blame on Dr. Fraizer's office for doing nothing while he was gone.  

Dr. Fraizer called me later in the day to tell me that the result of my urine screen showed a lot of bacteria, which he said probably explained why I had trouble voiding, and also might explain my lower back pain.  He called in a prescription for that.  It would be nice if someone in his office had read the results of the tests and called me earlier.  I've been dealing with not being able to consistently pee for quite a while, and it has felt like I've been regressing on my recovery.  Like Cool Hand Luke, I'm not feeling particularly patient or charitable right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Kenny...It's Peggy Whitesides, Jennifer's cousin. I just heard about your cancer. I have read the latest on your blog. Our family is also going through cancer with our son, Jonathan. You can look into his blog at jona-balboa-whitesides.blogspot.com Also, I have met a sister in the church who has beat cancer. Her story is amazing. Please contact her at soaringabove@live.com She was told she would not live as she had a melanoma that had metastisized into her lungs, etc. She has now lived 6 l/2 years and is cancer free. Don't count out alternative types of cancer treatment!! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. NEVER give up. The doctors do NOT know everything, but Father in Heaven does. Please contact this sister. Her name is Megan Wooden. I will be praying for you and your family. Love, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.