Friday, September 14, 2012

Mets Day 155 - The book of love

Last night Jennifer gave me what I think is the final 50th birthday present - a hardbound book of photographs and tributes from family, friends and colleagues.  It was assembled by Carolyn C., a long-time family friend (thank you!), with assistance and contributions from over 100 people.  It has pictures from throughout my life, and lots of memories and well-wishes.  What a wonderful gift! Jennifer explained that the publication kept getting pushed back as more people chimed in.  Carolyn finally imposed a deadline and brought it over yesterday; unfortunately, I was at work and missed her.  Dinner's on me, Carolyn!  This will be a treasured keepsake.  Thank you to all who contributed.

Jennifer just left for the airport to spend a week in Utah with her sister, Abby, and I'm about to leave for Hopkins for my surgery.  Chelsea will be my attending.  Here is a link to her blog recounting her recent 30-hour shift.  When I feel tired, I can read that, and then I feel exhausted. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it. It was fun to put together. You have lots of fans.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.