Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mets Day 63 - not quite ready for prime time

If I needed any reminder that my brain is still fogged, a couple of incidents in the past couple of days have put that to rest.  I had a doctor's appointment for yesterday afternoon, so I came into the office and visited with several people, then walked over to my appointment.  The receptionist patiently explained to me that my appointment was for July 13, not June 13.  I was certain it was for yesterday.  It both bugged and concerned me that I failed to understand what I had been told when the appointment was made a week or so ago.  (I managed to reschedule the appointment for Friday June 22.) 

Last night, I managed to get about 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, so one would think that I would be more alert than usual, right?  Judge for yourself.  I had volunteered to get my daughter's recently purchased used car inspected, and today I went out and took care of it, as well as running a couple of other errands.  I came home, parked the car in the driveway, put the manual transmission in gear (I thought), gathered my stuff and was walking into the house when I noticed that it was starting to roll off the driveway and down the grass towards the pool.  I ran over yanked open the door and jerked up the emergency brake, but it was too late.  The car crashed through the fence and rammed a tree.  Christmas card photo follows:


Stupid of me to fail to put it into gear (or maybe I knocked it out of gear when getting my stuff), stupid of me to not set the emergency brake, and stupid of me to jump into a moving car to try to stop it.  Or maybe I' just more fogged than I realize.  So now the car is for sale here on Craigslist.   I'll make you a good deal . . .

There's an early Tom Hanks B movie called "Joe versus the Volcano" where he is diagnosed with a "brain cloud".  I know the feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of "Chemo Brain". It is real, and I have seen it with many patients. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/PhysicalSideEffects/ChemotherapyEffects/chemo-brain
    I'm sure Kirsten would love a new BMW!

    Love
    Ravonne

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.