Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mets Day 544: slight change of chemo plans

Today my doctor told me that she can't grant my request to break the ddMVAC chemo infusion into two days, because the cancer center is fully booked and can't take another all-day infusion on Thursday.  As a result, I'm going to get all 4 drugs tomorrow, with extra hydration.  Then I'm going to go back on Thursday afternoon, when there will be some chairs available, and get more hydration, anti-nausea drugs, and my growth hormone booster shot.  I'm also scheduled to go back on Friday afternoon for even more hydration and anti-emetics if I need them.  I'm sure that, by the end of the week, I'll be thoroughly sick of the place.

My doctor thinks that one of the reasons why I was so wiped out by the first round was that I didn't keep adequately hydrated.  I knew I was supposed to be guzzling fluids, but all I could tolerate was a sip at a time.  I knew I was in a bad place when I was turning down Diet Coke.  Hopefully the extra hydration this week will help me avoid the worst of the blahs. 

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1342891776482_2492097.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.