Friday, October 11, 2013

Mets Day 547: hydration and hair loss

Yesterday I went back to the cancer center for two liters of saline, an anti-nausea drug, and the Neulasta growth hormone booster shot.  I think that the extra hydration is helping -- I don't feel quite as bad as I did after the first round.  I'm going back this afternoon for another couple of liters.

I don't have much of an appetite. My taste buds think everything is moldy wet cardboard.  I'm mainly drinking protein shakes. 

Meanwhile, my hair is falling out by the handful.  This morning the shower drain looked like a gerbil was lying on it.  When I combed my hair there was a shocking amount hanging from the tines.  I'm currently debating whether to let it fall out on its own schedule, or whether to give it an assist.  If there ever was a time for one of my kids to do something stupid, this is it, so I can literally tear my hair out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.