Friday, February 3, 2012

Chemo day 5 - almost normal?

This morning, I woke up early and I made sure that I kept up with my anti-nausea drugs, then went to work.  Seven hours later and I'm still there, so I'm either doing ok, or I'm so out of it that I don't know what's going on.  Maybe both?  Anyway, I feel almost normal.  I had a long meeting this morning, ate lunch, then laid down on the sofa in my office and rested.  Now I'm back to slaying paper dragons for the afternoon. 

How am I doing?  I have been having no pain so far.  No muscle aches, no bone pain, no GI tract discomfort, no major reflux.  I still have all my hair.  The feeling earlier this week of a systemic exhaustion is hard to describe - like every cell of your body has had a workout, and is tired.  But not just your muscles - it's every cell.  Each movement takes more of an effort than expected.  Not a painful effort - just a little jolt of surprise that blinking, or lifting a finger, or rolling over, takes that much energy.  It's not quite what I expected.   

In preparing for chemo, I have been hoping for the best and planning for the worst.  So far, things appear to tilting more towards the better side (knock on wood).  I get round 2 on Monday, and will be wondering how my body responds to that.  Each day I discover what is, for me, the new normal.  And I am glad to be alive and do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be accepted for posting.